Meaning and purpose
Emily Mure Creative Coaching
I believe that each of us has a right to pave our own way, in both our professional and personal lives. Yet as creatives, we often find ourselves at odds with other people’s expectations and measures of success.
I’m here to help and support you as you discover and commit to your own authentic creativity, in order to be more of who you are and not who anyone else thinks you should be.
Methods of Working:
Zoom, FaceTime, Skype or phone.
Zoom is preferable.
● Working with creative individuals of all kinds, especially creative professionals and freelancers
● Working with professional independent musicians
● Self-care and mindfulness
● Time management and organization
● Coaching clients through creative projects (album releases, novels, new creative ventures)
● Coaching creatives living with chronic illness
*See Training and Experience below
For workshops and events, please see my website.
If you are interested in having me host a workshop, please contact me at the email shown above.
Training and Experience:
● CCA Certified Creativity Coach
● Bachelor of Music performance (oboe) with an outside field in Psychology from Ithaca College
● I am an independent songwriter and musician. I tour nationally and sometimes in Ireland (my home away from home), have released, arranged, and co-produced 3 full-length albums, one EP of cover songs, had songs in TV shows on networks like NBC, PBS, and ABC. I’ve been a finalist in several songwriting festival competitions including Falcon Ridge Folk Festival and Telluride Bluegrass Festival and was an official showcasing artist at the International Folk Alliance Conference in Montreal, Canada.
● I’ve attended several mindfulness and meditation retreats and have taken multiple mindfulness courses with Tara Brach.
● I’ve had a long lasting mentorship with healer and Pathwork therapist, Lynn Margileth.
● I have been teaching private music lessons (guitar, songwriting, ukulele and piano) for ten years and counting.
● I have hosted song writing and creativity workshops in multiple venues, institutions, and camps including Cornell University (Ithaca, NY), The Maine Academy of Arts and Sciences (NH), Club Passim (MA), and Mile of Music Camp (NH and NYC).
Individual Services Offered:
In order to make sure we are a good fit, I offer one free session / conversation with no obligation to commit to any further coaching.I work one on one with clients, weekly or bi-weekly, with email check-ins between sessions.As your coach, I will meet you where you are. Depending on your needs, coaching can help you:
● Connect to a deeper sense of meaning through your unique, authentic creativity
● Clarify your goals, intentions and what matters to you
● Recieve accountability for the goals and/or intentions you set for yourself
● Increase your productivity and time management skills
● Increase your confidence and maximize your unique strengths
● Lessen stress and anxiety by learning mindfulness and self care practices
● Have support from an empathetic fellow creative professional and human
● Develop tools for dealing with criticism and rejection (both external and internal)
For pricing, please contact me at the email shown above.
I currently have space for a few more individual clients.
As your creative coach, I will utilize my expertise as a dedicated artist, teacher, and helper. I will hold space for you, hold you accountable, and hold your individual creativity up in the highest regard. That’s where it belongs!