Starla J. King
Writing, Time & Energy Management for Creatives, Empowerment through finding and expressing your voice
OutWrite Living, LLC
Philadelphia, PA. United States
My writing coaching, creativity coaching, and life approach are all based on the following 5
We are all creative beings.
We all have an internal source of higher energy, inspiration, and wisdom — known as creativity.
Our best work happens when we engage our heart, soul, and mind, and listen to our bodies.
Inspiration loves and needs practicality.
The most direct route to opening up creative expression is a peaceful path.
I work from an appreciative and self-compassionate perspective, and will encourage you to do the same.
I believe that your beauty, your shadows, your talents, your perceived shortcomings, your needs – everything and anything that you are is part of your creative power and perfection.
I believe that the secret to accessing our creative energy is not in the adding of pressure and demand for performance and production; it is instead in the taking away of things that block our creative energy’s path. My work, then, focuses on strengthening the gentle, nimble, and practical parts of ourselves to enhance our creative flow.
Methods of Working:
I offer individual coaching by phone with email coaching support. In some cases, email coaching is a feasible option as a stand-alone service.
- Writing Coaching for emerging creative non-fiction writers and first-time authors
- Mindfulness Coaching through Creative Practices
- Court Your Muse™ (a practical approach to creative progress)
- Time & Energy Management Coaching for Creatives
- Blog-writing Coaching
- Creativity Coaching for photographers
- Get Writing or Get Creating: One-session jump start to get clarity on a plan, plus a handful of practical tools for progress, motivation, courage, and inspiration.
- Keep Writing or Keep Creating: 3+ months of support (often for an ongoing creative project) for deeper exploration and building of long-term habits for meaningful, effective, and healthy creative growth.
- Other individually-specialized services: Coaching is unique to each client, so other customized services might show up at any time as needed!
Talks offered:Available to speak on Conscious Living through A Creative Perspective: Simple Tactics for Profound Impact. Please contact to discuss.
Self-paced eCourse: Court Your Muse™, a practical approach to creative progress. See website for sample, details and registration.
Training and Experience:
CCA Certified Creativity Coach
M.S. in Organizational Learning, George Mason University, Fairfax, VA
B.A in English / B.A. in Psychology (double major), Eastern Mennonite College, Harrisonburg, VA
Writer (blogger / ghost blogger, technical writer, creative non-fiction writer), website usability specialist, landscape designer, photographer, project manager
- Wide Awake. Every Day. Daily Inspiration for Conscious Living [pub. Dec 2013], Little Big Bay Publishers, LLC.
- See Portfolio on website for other publications (book chapter, poetry, book review, articles on gardening)
I offer a complimentary 30-minute sample coaching session by phone; please email to request appointment. See website for pricing options.
Currently open to new clients; please email to connect.
Your creative work is so incredibly important! Your voice matters; let’s give it the attention it deserves and open the way for you to flourish.