All Creativity / Graphic Designers / Visual artists / Success Coaching / Self-Esteem
Harkin Creativity Coaching
San Marcos, California, USA
Creativity Coaching Philosophy:
Based on over 30 years of experience working in the field of design and the visual arts, I’ve developed my creativity coaching practice to serve the unique interests of creative thinkers from all walks of life. People seek my help for self-improvement in areas such as: creative thinking and craft, self-esteem, public speaking and leadership–to name just a few
Methods of Working:
All my sessions are conducted via teleconference and phone, making my services accessible worldwide. I also offer unlimited text and email support between sessions.
· Graphic designers – I have worked in brand design for over 30 years. Currently, I’m the global creative director at PwC. This gives me a unique skill set to coach designers and the teams who work with them.
· Visual artists – I have been creating art since age 3 and gained a unique perspective from specialized study in Florence, Italy.
· Problem solving – My unique process framework outlines clear, actionable steps to solving a wide range of problems in creative, business and life.
· Success coaching – My entire career has been focused on turning exciting creative ideas into reality. While working at Nike, I collaborated with some of the most successful athletes in recent history, including LeBron James and Kobe Bryant–to name just a few. This experience taught me a great deal about what it takes to succeed at the highest levels… and what some of the pitfalls can be.
· Self-esteem – I believe that everyone has unique creative abilities, but our current culture lacks effective methods of identifying and nurturing those abilities. My role is to train others in developing creative abilities that our world needs, pushing past obstacles and being fairly compensated for their good work.
· Communication – As part of self-esteem training, I coach others in communicating their ideas with clarity and strength. This can be public speaking, team communications or sales.
· Collaboration – As a catalyst in the creative industry, I have continually helped “creatives” to work with others. On the other side of the coin, I help “managers” get higher productivity and quality control from their creative teams.
Individual Services Offered:
· Clarifying creative goals and specific actions towards those goals
· Directing people towards fulfilling, creative lives
· Leveraging the unique strengths of each person
· Helping people to overcome internal and external stopping points or what I like to call the “inner and outer critics”
· Helping people develop tools, skills, and support to consistently take action on what matters and get results
Training and Experience:
I have a BFA in graphic design with a minor in painting. I have worked in graphic design for over 30 years. Currently, I’m the global creative director for one of the largest brands in the world.
Please contact me at the email shown above.
I’m available weekdays with flexible scheduling for mornings, afternoons and evenings, depending on your specific time zone.
My coaching program uses models and methodologies I have developed over 30 years in design and the visual arts. I use a combination of virtual meetings, one-of-a-kind frameworks and software to help my clients achieve the maximum value from their investment. Because everyone has different goals and needs, each of my clients benefits from a customized curriculum, tailored